Lima Meet-Up

Lima Travel Blog

I was recently in Lima on a business trip and had been in contact with a TB obtaining advice and travel recommendations.  As a relatively new member to TB, I had yet to get involved with any meet-ups.  However, on this particular go-around, an opportunity arose where this particular TB was going to be out with some friends in the same general neighborhood as my hotel, so I said "what the hell", took off my tie after a business dinner and jumped in a cab for my first official meeting of a TBer.  I met up with Yadi (TBer yadilitta) and her 2 friends (one of which is also a new TBer - Keri -TB name kerisina) at a pisco bar.  They were seated along a wall with several ajoining tables which made it very difficult to decipher who was part of the group and who was not.  Come to find out, some Chilean guys that I was talking to, thinking that they were with the girls, were not.  Apparently they had been bugging the ladies so we decided to move on, plus, one of the gals had another friend who was playing a gig at another local watering hole.  We cabbed it over just to find out that we missed the show and again moved on to another place, which was fine by me as my business suit was a tad out of place at this younger rock club.  We ended up at a nice pisco bar in an old building (see Yadi's profile for a review) on the other side of town.  After we found a good table in the basement away from the loud music where we could shoot the breeze, I had a great time talking TB and just getting to know some new Peruvian friends; actually so much so that I completely lost track of time and the number of drinks that I had consumed that evening.  I finally had to throw in the towel at 3am dreading what the short night's sleep I had in store and hangover I was likely to have was going to affect my business performance the next day.  Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my first TB meet-up experience and for the record, although I was dead tired the next day, I was able to fight through a brief headache and still put on my game face for another hard day's work in Lima.
yadilitta says:
hahaha, great review! Yes, next morning I was wondering how you could be working... so glad to know your first TB Meet Up was a fun one and in Lima!!!
Posted on: Jun 19, 2009