DIVING IN BALI

Bali Travel Blog

LOVELY MANTA!

It started as a company trip from the 10th-12th December for a brain storming session. I stayed on longer to do some diving.

It was my birthday. I had a choice of going shopping for birthday presents with my office mates or diving but alone, on my own. No contest!

I stayed in Sanur this time round, and dived with Bali Scuba. We set off to Tulamben. My dive buddy is Pierre from Greece, a fellow journalist who was there for a global environment conference, but as Greece was having a worker strike of some sort, he was free for the day. First dive at Tulamben was the USS Liberty wreck. The wreck is soooooo HUGE, lots of swim-throughs. The corals there gorgeous, rich with marine life similar to those in Malaysian waters.

Tulemben

2nd dive : Drop-Off. Huge wall area. We only covered like 0.5 percent of it before having to turn back due to the strong current. Saw my first octopus, hiding in a hole. What's different about Tulamben is the beach and the bottom, it's not sandy but black rocks. The locals say it's because of volcanic eruption eons back.

The next day, we did 3 dives in Nusa Penida. Manta Point, Crystal Bay and PED. MANTA! MANTA! MANTA!!!!! First time I saw mantas, 3 of them. Menacing looking but graceful at the same time. Saw dolphins too from the boat before jumping into the water. Some divers surfaced after the dolphins passed, shouting... lucky them seeing mantas and dolphins underwater at the same spot, at the same time.

Now, for pictures!!

ocotpus hiding
ocotpus hiding
Pillow
Pillow
the surge was very strong, looking…
the surge was very strong, lookin…
Bali