Valerie arrives

Kailua Kona Travel Blog

Picking Valerie up at the Airport

We were early getting to the airport to pick up Valerie.  David dropped me at what we believed to be the arrival area....   He was going to circle and pick the two of us up.   So he took off and I walked trying to find the arrival area..... As luck would have it  I was completely in the wrong area.   I walked towards the correct area carrying the flowers and lei I had gotten to greet her with.

It was really annoying to see David pull over and help Valerie into the jeep a block away.   Naturally, they didn't see or hear me.   I sat on a bench and watched them drive back the other way talking and laughing.   They drove right pass me and didn't see me.   And then they did it again.

flowers by the road
.... Yeah, ..... I was really pissed.    When they finally spotted me and stopped I had to pretend (badly) not to be angry and give Valerie her flowers.   Luckily Valerie is the ultimate dipomat and honestly happy person and I soon forgot my irritation..... we got some great pictures of us together.

As we drove back to the condo Valerie was absolutely wowed by the flowers on the road.  I had gotten a little booklet from the condo and identified several.   It's amazing how beautiful it is in Hawaii.

The one thing Valerie wanted to do was go to Waipio Valley.   We discussed it over dinner and decided we would start out tomorrow morning...  It was going to be a great time.

sylviandavid says:
thanks Carla....
Elke: right back atcha
xoxox sylvia
Posted on: Feb 12, 2010
Sunflower300 says:
God bless you gorgeous Sylvia. :) "... I had to pretend (badly) not to be angry..." I love it... and I love you.
Posted on: Feb 12, 2010
sylviandavid says:
Same for us.... the lei around her neck was $5 and the bouquet was $5 also.... at the flea market downtown .... :) we thought the prices were amazing.
Posted on: Feb 09, 2010