June 12th.. all over again

San Francisco Travel Blog

We landed in San Francisco this morning after a 9 hour flight.  I can't actually complain about it too much though.  My seat was comfortable and there were some good movies showing.  We actually landed on time but it took about an hour to get to the gate because of congestion at the airport.  Immigration and customs took a long time and I was getting worried about missing my flight to Dulles.  Once I finally got through and re-checked my bags, I went back through security to get to my new gate.  Fortuntely the flight to Washington was late by 45 minutes so I never missed it.  There were no business or economy plus seats left on this flight.. so I got stuck in a middle seat between a rather larger woman and a man who's seat shook everytime he laughed (which was a lot!!).  I was so exhausted by the time we arrived in Washington.  My friends Ryan and Lindsay picked me up.  It was great to be back with friends and in the States again.  This trip was so amazing and by far one of the best experiences I've ever had.  To experience Bangladesh, one of the poorest countries in the world, and then to visit Singapore and Japan.. two of the wealthiest..  can be a little overwhelming.  But I suppose that's what true traveling is all about.  It's not just about sightseeing, and eating different foods.. but experiencing the way people live and interract in their environment.  It's something that I will always cherish and hope it's an addiction I can pass onto my kids one day!! :)