Day of travel and lonliness

Tokyo Travel Blog

I arrived in Singapore around 5:30 this morning and had a short connection for my flight to Narita.  Finally after a 7 hour flight, we landed in Tokyo around 3:00pm.  I went through quarantine, immigration and customs.. then made my way to the airport hotel.  I stayed at the ANA Crowne Plaza since it was only a short bus ride away.  I stayed there for a while just relaxing after being up for such a long time.  Eventually around 7pm I decided to go out.  On the advice from a flight attendant that I had met earlier in the week, I decided to stay in Chiba instead of going all the way into Tokyo.  The airport offered a free shuttle to the local train station so I took it.. not knowing what to expect. There were tonnes of bars and restaurants in the area but I was feeling a little tired and overwhelmed and decided not to go in any of them.. probably also because I was by myself and didn't want to be the one person standing out!!  After going in a few shops, I made my way back to the hotel.  I was feeling a little lonely and ready to get back home.  I ordered some room service, ate and then went to bed.  It wasn't a very exciting day but I was still glad to finally be in Japan.
photo by: maka77