AsiaJapanTokyo

Ahhhh Business Class.....

Tokyo Travel Blog

I finally arrived in Tokyo after what I could possibly see being one of the worst flights of my life!!  I have done flights that are 10+ hours a number of times before.. but this one takes the cake!  I was absoultely exhausted when we landed around 3:00pm local time.  Fortunately the airline transferred my bags onto my next flight but I had to actually go check in for it.  So after going through the quarantine area (for swine flu), I went through immigration and customs and found my way to the departures area.  My next flight was from Narita to Singapore again on United Airlines.  As I was not looking forward to this next flight (since I was reserved in a middle seat!!), I was just dreading having to get onto another plane.  I began to use the kiosk to check in for the flight and I was pleasantly surprised by a little message that came up on the screen..  United asked if I wanted to purchase an upgrade to Business Class.   I, without any hesitation, said yes.. picked out my seat, got my boarding pass, and was soon on my way to the ANA lounge.  A couple of hours later I found myself spread out in my seat on the plane, ready to pass out once I had eaten dinner.  I had a great meal with a nice glass of wine and was soon stretched out and sleeping.  The 7 hour flight to Singapore was easy and quick.  We arrived at midnight and I had a room booked at the Crowne Plaza right at the airport.  I went through immigration and customs, walked out of the arrivals area and right up to the hotel lobby.  After checking in I went straight for my room, unloaded my things, and took a nice long shower in the rain shower that they had..  it was pretty close to heaven:)
marksreynolds says:
Business Class, can't beat it or the lounge! :)
Posted on: Jul 14, 2010