And I'm off....

Washington Travel Blog

As per every other trip I've taken, the preparation for this one was no different.  I was so busy the day before trying to wash clothes, pack, figure out what I needed to take other than what I wanted to take!!  I didn't make it to bed until 11:45pm..  And got up at 1:45am to get ready to leave.  My friends Jon and Ruthie picked me up and took me to Dulles for my 6am.. yes.. 6am.. flight.  Everything went fine on the way up and with checking in.  Because this trip was so last minute (I found out 3 days before I left that I had to leave), I scrounged around for some flights that worked well.  I ended up buying 3 separate tickets to make up my itinerary.  My first set of flights took me to Tokyo Nartia via Chicago O'Hare on United Airlines.  The flight to O'Hare was fine.. a little under 2 hours.  I wasn't very tired so I just listened to my Ipod.  Once I got to Chicago I got some breakfast and settled into my 5 hour layover!!  The flight for Narita took off around noon and as expected.. was completely packed!!  I had an aisle seat so I figured that was better than nothing.  The flight was about 12 hours and felt like it took 40 hours!!  Unfortunately the people I sat next to were not very talkative..  they were from Thailand and couldn't speak much English. None the less, I took some tylenol pm and soon found myself "sleeping " (aka going in and out of concsiousness and mubmling under my breath about how I'l never fly again).. Haha!! :)
castex21 says:
Never fly again!...HAHA..Gotcha..But hey it's always nice to have it as an option..;)
Congrats on the feature...Top Man!!!
Tamanawas says:
. . . I seem to do the same thing the night before!!! :)
traveller142009 says:
Congrats on your featured blog...nice read.
Washington