Arrival in Swaziland

Mbabane Travel Blog

The flight from Jo’burg to Manzini was pretty uneventful though I can say I was surprised that we had a jet instead of a turboprop.  So what we were expecting to be an hour flight took 35 minutes.  Met some more missionaries headed to Namibia to work with children.  When I arrived at Manzini and collected my luggage, I was surprised that they wanted to look in every bag. Of course when they saw the suitcase full of toothbrushes they were a bit surprised. They made me claim the toothbrushes and put a value on them. Once that was done then they allowed me through customs.  I was met by my friends Don and Diane just outside the terminal.

We then headed off to a 4th of July celebration, food, friends, fireworks, country music (sung by a local Swazi man who also played his guitar)…. And lots of cold chili to eat! LOL My friend Don won the chili cookoff and is now known as the Swaziland Chili Champion!!! Way to go Don!!

After the fireworks headed back to Don and Diane’s place where we have been relaxing and talking since about 6:00PM. It’s a little after 11 now and its bed time.

Looking forward to church tomorrow and sharing that experience.

photo by: jeffy