Nha Trang - Day 1

Nha Trang Travel Blog

Very much a travel day today, split a 45 minute taxi to Danang with Seth from America and then it was time to wait in the train station listening to nonsensical (to me) train announcements. You can usually figure out if your train is coming or late just by saying place names to the locals so eventually my train showed up and I was on my way.

It's about a 9 hour train ride, so I probably would of preferred it if the recliner aspect of my seat wasn't broken.  However I was pleasantly surprised that every now and then the nice people pushing a cart down the aisle would hand me a little 'airline food' style tray and I was sorted for food.  No idea what I ate, but it was delicious :) (since found out this was rice soup, damn good!)

Eventually I had to resort to a 'feet and bag off floor' position since the train had lurched in such a way that the ominous pool from the kid who had emptied his bladder a seat or two away was now too close to ignore any more.  It was only for a few hours until mop-man saved me though.

Within 15 minutes of getting off the train I had haggled with the hawkers and the motorbike taxi and was in to some air-conditioning. Ahhhh...

Nha Trang