Hoi An - Day 2

Hoi An Travel Blog

Well I've definitely dropped out of any kind of sightseeing mode in Hoi An so I'm afraid there won't be a whole lot of pictures for the next few days.  A lot of my time consists of either lying on the beach or hanging out with other traveller's in cafe's not doing all that much.

It's about 5 km from the centre of town out to the beach so you can just hire a bike for the day for 10000 dong (bit under $1 US) and head beach bound.  Today I ran in to an Irish girl named Keira (hope that spelling is right?) and rode on to hang around under thatched bungalows all day so this is one of those days that was fantastic but doesn't really have a whole bunch of photo highlights to attach (tend not to take cameras to the beach).  You are regularly greeted by women in the traditional vietnamese hat that try to sell you everything from pineapples to tiger balm to foot massages.  Lulu number 1 was our favourite visitor, but we didn't make her 'lucky today' despite every hour being happy hour :)

The smells were fantastic as the sunset approached with all the locals crowding around on blankets and cooking up seafood galore.  Unfortunately some light was needed to ride home so will have to return tomorrow

Hoi An