Broken In Hoboken

Hoboken Travel Blog

New Jersey Beat Street Teamer Debs
The tour started off in Hoboken. Actually the first 3 days were spent in Hoboken at Maxwell's. We had to park down the street and load in the gear while waiting over and over for the street light to change. Day one which was the 13th started off great for me. A day without selling merch. They did a charity event for kids with Cri Du Chat Syndrome. Everyone was pretty shy so I started it off with being the first to head to the front of the stage. The typical auction stuff was had. This girl paid 500 bucks to dance on stage with the band. Dave told her that she could come up for any songs she wanted to. I pointed out this crate by the side of the stage and told her she could go-go dance. She got her little swaying on and then took over Wayne's mic. Dave told her they were like John Travolta and Olivia Newton John. The rest of the night she was known as Olivia. It made him happy. I had ordered chocolate cake from the venue. When I got back to the bus and in bed I opened up the container only to find... a salad. Someone must have been telling me to cut back on the cake.

The next day. The 14th. I had some merch arriving to the venue. 2 HUGE boxes actually. Plus I was meeting a street teamer named Debs. After talking to her for awhile and the band doing sound check I had to roll everything down the street. Debs and Dan stood by the trailer talking to me while I organzed all the shirts into the correct bins. Then I had to place the order of food for a few people at the venue. Then I came back and had to toss a few things in the bay under the bus. Debs asked if I stop working. Making another comment on how hard I work. Dave and I ate at this delicious pizza place. The show was packed. This crazy girl who had never seen the band was making some strange "naughty" comments to me. Then ended up texting the singer of the band about me. I was like tell her no. We're not hanging out.
Hoboken