A LLLLOOONNNGG layover in a aircraft hanger and lost in Catania.

Forli Travel Blog

I had a really cheap flight to Catania via Forli, Italy. I had never heard of this place but, it's a small village with a budget airline hub.....that's it. They don't even have a place to store luggage, so I was unable to go into the village as I had brought a big suitcase to return with wine and olive oil! So....7 hours in the hanger. I did bring a book that I have wanted to read....and here was the opportunity. I'm over a third of the way through.

The sky was so colorful as we took off and headed south. The sun was setting in the west and me bound for Sicily, finally!

In no time we were landing. I pick up my bag and follow the directions I had for catching the bus into town but, there was no bus sign with this number. While I was looking, in the distance fireworks were heralding my arrival. They heard about my trials in the Caucasus and wanted to welcome me in a big way....this is Italy Continuing to look for my bus I walk back and forth for 15 minutes checking, I called and Claudia said that it was no problem just take any bus and ask for Piazza Doumo. So....I get on the next bus that comes and ask for this destination and he shakes his head, ok. The ticket machine was broken  in the airport and the driver didnt seem to care....he kinda motioned "dont worry about it".  Fifteen minutes later, we were at the stop and he points down the street and around the corner....Piazza Duomo. I get out and start walking .......dragging my big suitcase through the center of the party town Saturday night in Catania....what fun. I misunderstood the directions and well almost one hour later ended up at the B&B. The whole time I was lost within 1 km of the place......mama mia! I meet Claudia, the owner, who is friendly and helpful. She showed me around and told be a bit about the city. Now it├ás after midnight ....bed!

photo by: delsol67