Bellingham to Seattle

Seattle Travel Blog

Distance:  92.8miles
Ride Time:  5h 39m 58s
Ave. Speed:  16.4mph

I woke early and had cereal, a muffin, a bagel and a cake for breakfast – it was free.

Before I left I confirmed a suspision about the road signs that I had from yesterday.  In Canada I knew the distances were given in km and saw signs to Seattle that read 200km.  On crossing the boarder I saw signs that said 103 and I presumed these to also be in km and thought I might have even been able to reach Seattle yesterday.  However the distance didn’t seem to go down and so I knew either the signs were wrong or they were in miles, not km as they had been in Canada…  The receptionist at the motel confirmed that they were indeed in miles.

Tallest building in Seattle at 1049ft

I left just after 7:00 and followed route 11 along the coast, which was very scenic.  After a couple of hours I rejoined Interstate 5 for some more fast easy miles.  I stayed on this for most of the day, even though it was hardly the most interesting cycling.  It was fast, easy going and I wouldn’t have been able to navigate the ’smaller’ roads with my map anyway.

By about 11:00 it was really hot and I think that coupled with the huge amounts of liquid and food I’ve been taking in made me feel a little sick for the last few hours.  I’ll probably get used to it after a few days though.

I arrived at the youth hostel in Seattle at about 3:00 and plan on having a day off tomorrow to have a look around.

Tallest building in Seattle at 104…
Tallest building in Seattle at 10…
Space Needle
Space Needle
Market in Seattle
Market in Seattle
Seattle Sights & Attractions review
Seattle Space Needle
I felt that I had to go up the Space Needle whilst I was in Seattle so I paid the $16 and up I went. I was quite disappointed actually. I knew the… read entire review
Seattle Hostels review
Great Seattle Hostel
Located across from the world famous Pike Place Market this hostel is an ideal place to base yourself in Seattle. The space needle is a 15-20 minute w… read entire review
photo by: diisha392