EuropeFranceNice

Arrival in Nice

Nice Travel Blog

The flight from East Midlands was delayed a bit so I didn't get to my hotel until nearly 11:00.  There were quite a lot of other people on the plane who were doing Ironman France and we got a special mention after landing.

There are so many fit people about!!!  All the athletes are easy to spot as we all have yellow bands around our wrists that give us entry to various places.  Having said that, it's pretty easy to spot a triathlete.  Just look for odd tan lines, perhaps a bit of bike grease, and the well toned muscles.  If your in a restaurant we'll be the ones who are eating the most :)

I've been trying to stay off my feet as much as possible since I arrived so I haven't ventured further than about 300m from the hotel, which has allowed me to get food, get to the beach and go to the Expo village.  Once I've done the Ironman I look forward to being able to explore Nice.

Today I've reassembled my bike, registered and lazed around on the beach.  Having had close to no sun in England all year I'm really white and I'm a bit worried that I'm going to burn really badly on Sunday when I'll be out in the sun for 11+ hours racing so I'm trying to build up as much of a tan as possible before the race.

Tonight is the Pasta Party which should be good.