AsiaJapanOsaka

Osaka

Osaka Travel Blog

the Ferris Wheel

I’m a few days behind so I hope to catch up today! I’ve set up camp near the thallassotherapy pool (aka the glorified hot tub). It’s rather cold outside but I get in the tub for a while until I’m good and overheated, then I can type for a while. I’m sure anyone who can see me from the lounge upstairs must think I’m nuts! A Greek gentleman joins me in the hot tub every once in a while. Last time I saw him he told me 6 of his group were quarantined. We finally had a little sunshine so I could enjoy my balcony.

The day at sea was pretty typical. I did find another birder on board but his wife would like him to spend his time with her!  We watched for gulls for a bit though and we shared books and notes and lists. All those things that birders do that bores the other people to tears! We arrived in Osaka after sailing through the Inland Sea of Japan which has many islands so it is quite pretty. The ship is battling a case of norovirus or maybe it is just the flu. There are some people quarantined in their cabins. There are always crew members with spray bottles of bleach wiping everything. They’ve closed some of the public rooms to sanitize them thoroughly. I’m feeling fine though, so far, so good!

We arrived in Osaka about 4 pm. The pier where we parked was an entertainment area but it was closed for both days we were here. There was an aquarium that had whale sharks and I wanted to see them but it was closed. They have the biggest ferris wheel I have ever seen but the Brits say theirs in London is bigger. The color of the lights on the ferris wheel also indicates if it is supposed to rain or be nice the next day.  I didn’t stay in town for long, just got some information for tomorrow and went back onboard for dinner.

Osaka