Shah Alam - Bentong - Pasir Puteh

Kelantan Travel Blog

Morning sun looks so sick...

Day 1 - (June 11, Thursday)
After a week of the wedding ceremony in my hometown, there was another ceremony held by the groom in his hometown, Pasir Puteh, Kelantan.Kelantan is located in the north-east of Penisular Malaysia. It is bordered by Thailand to the north and Terengganu to the south-east.To the north-east of Kelantan is the South China Sea.

With the Islamic Party of Malaysia (PAS) in power for many years, Kelantan is also Malaysia's most socially conservative and Islamic state..Pasir Puteh is a territory and town in Kelantan. The town of Pasir Putih is situated on the bank of Semarak River , about 30 kilometers to the south of Kota Bahru.
It  is located in a border of Besut, Terengganu.The roughly distance between Shah Alam and Pasir Puteh is about 483 km.

This gonna be a very long journey. Maybe it takes about  6 to 7 hours to reach there because there is no highway.Just imagine when we travel by car and convoying, the time would be longer. We started our journey at 7am on June 11 and convoying with 2 MPV and one car.We started from Shah Alam and used the Karak Highway until we meet Bentong, Pahang.We reached Bentong at 8.50am.We decided to stop and had breakfast.

We had a very nice 'nasi lemak' and some had curry mee and 'soto'.We spend here around 45 minutes and continued our journey.Here i started driving since my hubby fell asleep.I drove till we reached the resort where i have made a reservation about a month ago.
We took 2 houses which costs us RM300 per night per house.Unfortunately the rooms were not ready when we wanted to check in.Bit disappointed because we were so tired. After waiting for almost one hour, we had our houses.

After taking some rests we went to the groom's house to have dinner.The culture here was bit different.Usually we had our dinner with rice and some other dishes,  but  not them.Quite exotic food.Steamed glutinous rice with shredded coconut mix with sugar.Additional dish is roasted chicken.We did not take so much time here because everybody looked so tired and sleepy.So we just got back to the resorts.

Day 2 (June 12, Friday)
Early in the morning, me  and  my husband went to the small town hunting for the breakfast.After some time, we reached at one small stall where the people enjoy taking their breakfast.
Breakfast at Bentong,Pahang
Again, quite rare to me had rice as breakfast besides 'nasi lemak'. They had rice with roasted chicken or fish, curry and 'sambal belacan'.

I met my cousin here.Then the rest of the group joined us to go to the weekly market (Pasar Minggu Kuala Besut).Today was a weekend for Kelantanese and they had their Friday prayer.The market was close to our resorts.We explored the Kelantan's food here. All Kelantanese  liked sweet food.So many to name them.Some of them are 'Akok', 'Pulut Bakar', 'Pulut Dakap', 'Tapai', 'Puteri Mandi Sebilik', 'Nasi Kerabu', 'Nasi Dagang', 'Nasi Tumpang' and many others.

Many things we could find here like food, clothes, groceries,vegetables, fish, meat and many things.We enjoyed the time and tasted many exotic food.We spent almost  2 hours here.Went back to the resort and the guys were preparing for Friday prayer.
My eldest son, Luqman
For the ladies, we were preparing ourselves to the ceremony.

We went to the groom's house to have our lunch.There were no ceremony like what we had in my hometown.We reached there and directly had our lunch.The food was so great.We ate in the house while the other guests had their meals at the canopy outside the house.After spending quite sometimes here, we decided to leave.We decided not to go anyway, just spent our time in the house.We had another planning.We wanted to go to 'Wakaf Che Ye' at Kota Bahru.I had no idea about this place.

We started our journey at 8.45pm.Some of us decided not to go.Goshhhh....the journey was so long.I thought it was only 45 minutes.But the journey took us  almost one and a half hours.Once we reached there, i looked it was cramped by big buses and the traffic was so heavy. due to the  school holiday.
My father and brother
We parked our cars and walked to the scene.The market was so massive.It was like any weekly market but offered with so many things with reasoanable price here.

We spent almost two hours here but not buying many things.We just wanted to have the experience here.We reached our resorts at 1.30am.God!!! i was so sleepy.Tomorrow we were going back to Shah Alam.

Day 3 ( June 13, Saturday)
We started our journey at 12.45pm after saying good bye to the newly wed couple. On the way back, we used a different route and  decided to take a route near the beach.The scenery was so nice but bit hot...We stopped at many places to buy some 'keropok'.We reached Pahang at almost  8 pm and stopped at the rest area to do prayer and have dinner.We had to have another 2 or more hours to reach home.

The journey at the Karak Highway was bit scary.Thanks God, we reached home at 1 am.Means day 4 ( June 14, Sunday) Again...tired but happy.I got back in one piece.I have another one day, before the school started again on Monday.Eventhough the journey was so long we had planning to go again to Kelantan.But  we prefer to make a pit stop in between.Maybe Cherating.INSYALLAH
azianelias68 says:
Kalau kat Pahang ni yg cantik dan bestnya adalah Janda Baik..i masa dulu2 ada p lah sebelum naik ke Genting tu..zaman 80 an..
Posted on: Jan 18, 2010
Hadi25 says:
Bentong ... Ada Nice Waterfall .. Ada Lar Pergi .. Masa Zaman Takde Digicam ... Haha ...
Makcik Saya Duk Dkat Kuala Krai,Pahang. Jadi Dalam Perjalanan Ke KL ... Dapat Bersinggah Ke Air Terjun Bentong
Posted on: Jan 18, 2010
RH122 says:
Bab makan. Kelantan mmg best. Sedap dan murah.
Tu tak masuk shopping lagi. hehehe
Posted on: Jul 17, 2009
My sister
My sister
The best nasi lemak that i ever …
The best 'nasi lemak' that i ever…
Gua Musang, Kelantan road.
Gua Musang, Kelantan road.
In Manik Urai, Kelantan