Santa Monica Travel Blog

Arrived in LA finally. Only just coped with my two monsterous 30kg bags through a maze of transfer bus systems and poorly sign posted roads. Ended up on a blue line city bus with my board bag lying down the isle. My stop was on Lincoln BVD outside a SAV-ON-DRUGs store. After a few minutes rest, in the distance i saw a familiar face. Mike took me to his humbe abode. After a shower and a beer went for a walk round santa monica.

Next day followed with shopping down 3rd St Promenade and a great night out in some clubs.

5:30am start on Monday to catch a cab to Hollywood, where I caught a six hour ride on the infamous Greyhound bus. Living up to its name of the most luxurious, safe, and enjoyable bus experiences.

I had the best seat, right up at the front by the bus driver, my broken seat was great constantlt going up and down with the momentum of the bus. The bus driver was pleasent with a special rule of his own, asking the passengers not to take thier shoes off onboard because of a "past experience". Repeating this 4 times we finally got the message. Soon after the driver turned on autopilot with his ticket clipper somehow wedged under the acelerator, and we continued our journy through the Arizona desert, towards Phoenix.