Southern Arizona Adventure Company (SAAC)

Arizona Travel Blog

This is a group where ordinary people do extraordinary things! The Southern Arizona Adventure Company is a collection of fun loving, adventurous and welcoming people who like to have a good time hiking, backpacking, camping, climbing, diving, cycling, traveling, playing sports, margarita tasting, orienteering, listening to live music, happy hours etc. My friend Tim the astronomer introduced me to this group one lousy evening when we could not figure out what to do in Tucson. I was glad he did.  If you are new or just visiting Tucson for work or pleasure, please check out   you will find a calendar of activities for an entire month listing all the things you can do on particular days. O’ to access the calendar however you need to be a member. I must add that there are no membership fees, most of the groups have open membership and one is not required to be a member to attend any of the events. Great place to socialize especially if you do not want to send an evening in your hotel room, home or apartment. Some of the events I have attended have included Happy Hours, Hiking, Live Music Performance, Fine Dinning, House parties, Chili Cook -off, wine tasting to mention but a few. In the following blogs, I have detailed some of the events, check them out and be the judge of how fun the events are. I should like to show anyone around or introduce them to the group if you are ever in Tucson.

Happy Hour at Old Pueblo Grill

Dea1 says:
Hi Robin..awesome :-) D
Posted on: Sep 27, 2009
Africancrab says:
Many people love hiking, we do go all the time:) It is a great activity, you should try it sometime Phill
Posted on: Sep 26, 2009