Still waiting to leave...

Rancho Palos Verdes Travel Blog

 › entry 2 of 12 › view all entries
Here we are at Norwood's parents' house, getting ready to go....eventually. Of course I have been ready to go since 7:30 this morning, and am bouncing up and down and practically frothing at the mouth....I want to get on the road!!!

I took this picture of the Ocean from the balcony this morning, as it is the last of my beloved Pacific Ocean I will be seeing for a week....but don't feel bad for me because at some point (hopefully today) I will make it to Sedona.

Although I've been there before, Sedona always makes me excited because it is such a beautiful, magical place. It really is awe inspiring. I can't wait to be there! Which, is why I think I am so impatient right now as I am just sitting on the couch, typing away, when I could be on the road, making progress.

We will be traveling in style in the Mercedes on this trip, which is exciting because I don't think either of our cars is really quite up to the task.
Would our cars make it? probably. Should we test it? No.

P.S. I realize now that I left my USB cable for the camera back in San Diego at the unless I can get my hands on one somehow, I will only be uploading cell phone pictures until next week. Mind you, the iphone takes pretty decent pictures for a phone, but still....
Anyway, This is me, signing out until Sedona.


Today was a long day. After leaving the house 3 hours late, we FINALLY embarked on our journey. I was irritated at Norwood for taking so long to get out of the house, as all I wanted was to be in Sedona already, but at that point there was nothing I could do except for glare.

The road was long, boring, and my body often became quite stiff. I was forced to listen to a staticy broadcast of the Laker’s game.
…But when we arrived in Sedona I was as giddy as a school child, in awe of the beauty and wonder of this place.
We got into town a bit late in the day, just as the sun was setting (and in the summer, that’s pretty late). We had time to check in, settle into the place (which by the way is an adorably cute little place…more on that later), and go out to dinner. We went to the Italian restaurant we remembered liking from last time we were in Sedona, and it did not disappoint.
After that we went to the grocery store and stocked up on a whole bunch of food, since our cute little cottage comes with a kitchen ☺.
I ended the evening with a quick dip in the Jacuzzi and a nice hot bath.

I would write more, as there is so much more to write, but I am exhausted and ready to turn in for the night, so I will have to save it for another day.
By the way, the Internet signal here is not very good, and I only have Internet sporadically. I will update when I can, but I will be writing daily on a word document and saving for those times when I do have Internet. If all else fails, I will upload everything next Sunday when I get home. Either way, stay tuned for the next exciting chapter of this saga!

P.S. Norwood’s mom thinks Soearo Cactuses look like they are giving you the finger. HAHA!

Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Rancho Palos Verdes
photo by: AntakiBasha