A Mellow Adventure...

Sedona Travel Blog

Today was a mellow day. Norwood and I decided to explore the area a little bit. We decided to just get in the car and see where it took us. First we went into town and did a little bit of shopping. I bought some postcards and 2 miniature Kachina dolls. We looked at the big Kachinas, made by the Hopi, and they were beautiful, but considering the fact that the average price was about $800 for one of those, it was out of the question. The miniature Kachinas that I bought are actually made by a Navajo woman, so they are not totally authentic, but they were affordable and my purchase was helping to support Native American arts (instead of the touristy imitations). I love my 2 little Kachinas and will treasure them for a long time to come. Norwood bought me a beautiful silver and turquoise necklace at the same shop, and it turns out that we just had our 5-year anniversary (from when we first got together), so it was a nice gift for the occasion.
Funny, both of us had forgotten it, but when he bought me the necklace, he said “and it’s not even a gift-giving occasion”. Those words got me thinking, I couldn’t help but think that it WAS a gift-giving occasion, and it turns out that I was right, hahahaha. We laughed about that. I will make him a nice painting for a present.

After shopping (and COFFEE!!!!  ☺ ☺ ) We got back into the car and drove up into the mountains along Oak Creek some more. We went up for quite a while, past Slide Rock (which I want to visit as soon as it is hot again…hopefully Friday?). We went past Midway, the little day campground and swimming hole that I remember going to when I was younger with my uncle Mark and my cousins. We drove up for a while until we pulled into a random camping area/parking spot.
We didn’t know what we were going to find, but it seemed like a good place to stop. There was a little hiking trail, so we just started following it. We walked down the trail, and it took us to a gorgeous bridge that crossed high over the creek. It was beautiful. We stopped there for a little while and watched the creek go by, and then continued down the trail. There were a lot of beetles on the trail, and we sat and watched one of them for a little while. It was eating a leaf and was actually quite interesting. This trail had ferns everywhere, and had a sort of surreal quality about it. I am glad we stumbled upon this little gem in Oak Creek Canyon.

Upon arriving home, I cooked us some baked potato soup, paired with a salad with balsamic vinaigrette, and we just relaxed and enjoyed our evening.

I'm here in Sedona and it is beautiful here. I am having a ton of fun, and have many things already to write about and share. Unfortunately the Internet here doesn't really work. I have been typing up a journal of my trip in Word, and will upload the journals when I have a good signal. It might be soon, or it might be after I get home :)
Either way, for now I am just going to focus on having an amazing time :)
Im a painting.
I'm a painting.
Im a painting.
I'm a painting.
Sedona General Tips & Advice review
A fun little new age shop.
This little store is a new age shop with many rocks, new age items, and native american items. It is a bit of a hippie shop, and it is a bit touristy,… read entire review
photo by: Fitnessguru729