Driving home, with a little break at the river.

Blythe Travel Blog

Not much to report on today other than massive amounts of driving down a really long, straight, and boring highway. Leaving Sedona made me sad. The one highlight was our stop in Blythe at a little picnic area by the Colorado river to have our lunch. It was hot there and there was graffiti on the bridge near us, but the river was, as always, beautiful, and we got to watch some hilarious people while we were eating our lunches.

There was a group of people...and a dog....that created a floating colony (devised of a floating mattress and several intertubes all tied together) with the dog in the middle, looking miserable. They were going on an adventure floating down the river. Who knows how they will get back?

After the river, we drove for another really long and boring stretch. The only other highlight was the Mechanical Dinosaur Museum right outside of Palm Springs.  We stopped at the gas station right next door, where I was outvoted in sticking around to enjoy the hilariousness and go visit the museum.

Poo. Now I'm going to have to find an excuse to go out to Palm Springs to see the dinos.

That was pretty much it. Everything else today involved having cramped legs and being bored and tired all day long.

Took a walk on the beach in Carlsbad upon returning home, just to refresh myself and get my blood pumping again. Back to work tomorrow....
photo by: furiousfowl