Another Peaceful Night in Ménétréol

Menetreol-sous-Sancerre Travel Blog

By the time we got back to the boat, we were able to move close enough to the water source which also made more room for a large steel barge to get a better position. In the meantime also, the hotel barge "Anna Maria IV" had tied up the pier. I got talking to the guys on the first steel barge and learned they were from Australia and owned the boat as a group. They invited me aboard to see how magnificent it is inside. They come every year and are here for 6 weeks this time around. By agreement, we met Janette who'd told us about a great winery in the next street. She walked over with us because she said the place was closed so she'd get them to open for us! Unfortunately no one was at home. She said she had to work this evening and wouldn't see us in the morning so we had to say goodbye.

From there we just loafed away the afternoon. I walked for a while and then Helen and Earl did the same.

For dinner, we went to the Restaurant St. Floroine. The meal was OK but there were two people nearby who smoked incessantly so that was pretty bad.

Back at the boat, we watched a DVD on my laptop before going to bed. When I got into bed at about 12:30, I noticed that the sky was stellar (literally!!) I'd brought along a star map because I knew we'd have dark skies but I was too tired to get back out to look more carefully. Slept like a stone!

Menetreol-sous-Sancerre