Yartsevo, Russia, A Unique Stay

Yartsevo Travel Blog

our entertainment

Get up this morning and have another major great breakfast at the hotel.I slept in this morning until 9:30. Breakfast was once again great, although exactly the same. Seth and I being told by our tour manager we wouldnâ��t be able to stop for food during the full day drive to Yartsevo went to the markets conveniently located outside our hotel. In the markets its full of vendors who are very aggressive and are right in your face trying to sell their stuff. We came out laughing as the only thing we had purchased were bananas, apples, and big disc shaped loafs of bread. There was absolutely no selection in the stores, and each store sold the exact same thing. Departing Moscow just before noon, I couldnâ��t help but feel cheated with the little I was able to see, in what clearly is, a great city.

The Colonel asleep
Following three hours of driving, we were given a 45 minutes rest at the Bordino Battle Memorial.

We finally reach our hotel later in the afternoon, which looks like an old truck stuff, our tour guide, Pete says to get ready for a unique experience.which from the outside looks like an old bottling factory. I was expecting a roach motel, but was impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms. The best part was the majority of us were given single rooms.

We had some special local performers stop by the hotel tonight. Apparently whenever a Contiki bus is spotted, they drop whatever they are doing to perform a show, which is paid for by Contiki. The little musical concert was kind of a joke, as the singers were clearly family members without much talent. As they sung, a lot of us looked at each other with an embarrassed but amused smile.

The family reminded me of the Manson family for some odd reason.

A little later in the evening, after we all had a few drinks, a late night strip show began. What was hilarious about this hotel is it�s also a trucker stop so the establishment is swarming with strippers and prostitutes. Anyway, during the stripper show I somehow, sitting inconspicuously with my friends, became the strippers' subordinate for the evening. One managed to playfully take off my shirt, and do other actions not needed to be discussed in such a tasteful website as this. Another stripper gave me a little thrill as well. I think my friends got even more of a kick out of these antics than I did. Dinner was some type of chicken.

The Colonel gets a big kick out of this and decides to pay for an on stage lap dance.

So we all wait to see him go on stage and get his dance. I know he paid alot of money for this moment. Well the stripper totally ripped him off, all she did was pat him on the head and walk away.

Then I looked over my shoulder and there was Dodgy Micheal! He followed us to Yartsevo, now he is selling us russian merchandise. I buy some shirts and cards from him. We go and check out his car outside and he has lots of funky suff to sell such as dynamite and cool stuff.

This evening turns into a messy evening as everyone is drinking and yelling and dancing. We start creating our own mosh pit and start jumping off the stage and having the group catch each other.

All well , great fun.

Anyhow, I never go to tell you about our room, it was all wooden and the water coming out of the taps was colourful and smelly. You take a shower and feel way more dirty then you started with. Quite interesting.

Anyhow on to next day.

View more information at my travel blog "Exciting World Travel" at www.excitingworldtravels.com

war monuments
a nice cathedral
a nice cathedral
Yartsevo Hotels & Accommodations review
A Dump in the Middle of Nowhere
This was a unique stop in the middle of nowhere in Russia.The Oasis hotel consists of two brick buildings at a truck stop in the middle of nowhere. I… read entire review
Yartsevo