Helsinki, Finland - May 2006

Helsinki Travel Blog

Today we arrive into Helsinki, Finland on the ferry. Its an amazing sight to arrive into the city. You can see the domed church in the distance.

We get off the ferry and onto our Contiki bus and go into town right away. I will list all the sights we visited in the City. Dome Church, Central Square, Temppeliaukion Kirkko, a church carved out of a rock, Uspensky Cathedral. WE then in our freetime went to the Finnish Olympic Museum and looked at the history of Finland at the Olympics.

We stop for lunch at the Pizza Hut since one guy in the group wanted North American food, so call it.

We then have no free time, so most of the time is spent at the Central Station to get some Russian Rubles for our journey into Russia Tomorrow. I wanted to get small denomation bills but they only gave me big ones.

From here I go about walking around town and do some more exploring of the immediate area.

We regroup and head out of town to where our hotel is. Somewhere in some forested area, quite nice, Tonight is an early night as lots of drinking the night before. I hang my laundry on the balconey and call it a night.

View more information at my travel blog "Exciting World Travel" at www.excitingworldtravels.com

going to Helsinki