El metro y Col. Doctores

Mexico DF Travel Blog

I traveled to Mexico DF in the first place as a gift from grandma with her and my sister. My uncles used to live there, so we weren´t spending on hotels. My uncle used to study in a clinic located in Col. Doctores. For those of you who aren't familiarized with Col.Doctores, it is considered one of the most dangerous zones in Mexico DF by mexicans, of course we didn't know that. The first days we used cabs for transportations but we noticed that some cab drivers tend to take the longest road to a place so that the taximeter went high; some cab drivers even asked us, through which streets should I go to take you there (destination)? And of course, when we had no idea and they heard our foreign accent, the long road was their option. I had to learn most of the important street and to speak in a mexican way so that our transportation could be cheaper. After a week, we decided to take the metro(subway). My uncle's flat was located just two blocks away from the Doctores metro station and the Metro in el DF takes you anywhere, at least near anywhere.
The metro tickets were cheap and we were able to visit many places in Mexico City, of which I will write in other entries. =)