La Jolla: Beautiful...yet confusing.

La Jolla Travel Blog

I am working down in La Jolla at a summer day camp at the La Jolla YMCA this week (and this week only) so I have decided to enjoy some of what La Jolla has to offer after work, since I am so lucky as to get off at 2pm every day :)

I love love love La Jolla for its natural beauty and its delicious restaurants. I wrote about Thai Pan in a brief review. I ate there yesterday and it was quite good. Check it out!

I love to hike at Torrey Pines State Reserve. It is a wonderful place where you can park (for a fee, or you can try to find street parking) and hike up the hill that will take you to several different trails. It really doesn't matter what trail you choose, because all of them are going to give you breathtaking ocean views.

It's a great way to unwind after work if you are a local, or an amazing place to check out if you are just visiting the area. I recommend it to all. I like to go to Torrey Pines and just mellow out and enjoy the views. It is a beautiful place to let your thoughts go and just relax and enjoy the splendor of nature. I'll have to take some pictures of it to post on here so that everybody can see what they are missing out on!

The only thing I'm not a fan of in La Jolla is how confusing the roads are. Maybe I'm just one of those people who always gets lost no matter where I go, but getting lost 2 days in a row in La Jolla when I have a printed out map from google maps AND GPS on my iphone can't be all my fault! Turn down the wrong street or miss your turn in this town, and you will find yourself going a very long way before you have the chance to turn around again.

I hear La Jolla Cove is nice too, I would like to go down there and check out the snorkeling one of these days that I am down there. :)
La Jolla