Hey, it's home.

Carlsbad Travel Blog

Just some pictures and videos from Carlsbad, my town of work and residence. I like living here, as it is beautiful and there is a nice beach with great waves and good weather (most of the time) just a couple blocks away. The downsides to Carlsbad? It's BORING!!! Once you get past the whole living by the beach thing, you start to realize that there is absolutely nothing going on in your town and everything is closed by 7:00 (except for a couple of 24-hour Mexican food places, bless them).
This gives us Carlsbad-ians many excuses to get our butts on the freeway to go enjoy the spoils of downtown San Diego...but then again, it's such a pain to drive all the way down there...

All complaints aside, I really do enjoy living in Carlsbad.
..and even though writing about the town that I live in isn't technically travel related, it sort of is, because I consider all time that I am not working to be vacation time. I like to actually enjoy the town that I live in, rather than just sit around wishing that I was somewhere else.

So here I am, living in the home of Legoland, the Flower Fields, beautiful stretches of coastline, and the much over-rated outlet mall. As a self-defined food snob, I am sorry to say that the dining options here in Carlsbad are not as outstanding as other places I have lived, say, Orange County. However, there are some gems with outstanding food here and I am happy to share them with anybody who asks.

There is a great running path here, and it is right along the coast, so it is really easy to find.
Park at Tamarack Beach, or on the street anywhere around there, and walk or jog the 1.5 miles of the beach wall (there and back is about 1.5 miles). I do it all the time!

The Flower Fields are only a springtime thing, and stay as long as the weather permits. This year it was pretty sorry. I was happy though, because the parking at the outlet mall gets really bad there when the flower fields are happening, and I couldn't find a parking space to go to rubios, which irritated me.

The thing is, living in such a place, I have come to know it on a more intimate level. Please let me know if you will be traveling to Carlsbad and I will give you some tips on good places to eat, stupid tourist traps to avoid, and where the best places to park are...information that only a local could give you.

Anyway, with that said, enjoy the pictures and videos from Carlsbad.
The first steps to a great adventu…
The first steps to a great advent…
Carlsbad Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Tasty and affordable...a few quirks, but worth trying!
I finally tried this place after my husband has talked about going out to eat at lunch there for months now. It was good, but there are a few quirks t… read entire review
photo by: LiLeBoo