Comic Con Begins!

San Diego Travel Blog

Late July is here and it's that time again....time for tons of traffic, absolutely no parking, long lines, pushing through crowds, crappy food, and spending way too much money. That's right, you guessed it...Comic Con has come to town again!
Tonight is Comic Con's "preview Night", which I will be leaving for in about 40 minutes when Norwood gets off of work. So far my friends who are already there have been filling me in via facebook on all the long lines and craziness. Apparently, according to one friend, there is a line of tents and people camped out that stretches the entire length of the convention center (and it's a BIG convention center) of people waiting for theie Comic Con badges. Also apparently the "comic con parking lot" is now for a hotel only...making parking even worse in good 'ol San Diego. hooray.

Still though, I am drawn back year after year for this great event of fun and nerdiness. Perhaps it's the excitement, or perhaps it's the free all-days professional badge I get every year as my husband is in the video game industry, or perhaps it's living in San Diego and really not having an excuse NOT to go, as there isn't much travel involved to get there (except for the crappy traffic). Whatever it is, I am back again for the 7th year in a row, and I still love it!

So, if you are planning on being in San Diego from now through Sunday for any reason OTHER than Comic Con, I strongly suggest you change your plans and come another time, because there's no parking, no hotel rooms, and tons of traffic.

If you are going to Comic Con, perhaps I'll see you on the convention floor! I'll be hitting up Conduct Happiness, Chris Sanders, Bobby Chiu, Girls Drawing Girls, among other friends and favorite booths :)
San Diego