A Visit to the Huntington

Pasadena Travel Blog

If you have never been to the Huntington, please do yourself a favor and go. It is AMAZING! My favorite things there were the Japanese Garden, The Chinese Garden, and The Tea House...but there are a lot of cool museums and different gardens around the Huntington that you should definitely check out! Next time you are in the L.A. area, please go...you will not be disappointed.
Anyway, we went here on my "Spring Break Staycation"...noticing a theme here???

The Huntington was a great place for me to go because it really reminded me of Boboli Gardens in Florence, Italy. I went to Florence about 2 years ago and loved it...well, I loved all of Italy...so it was great to be back in a place that reminded me of it. Then, when I went into the Japanese Gardens and the Chinese Gardens, I was all of a sudden transported from Florence to a beautiful garden in Asia.
..wonderful!

We ate lunch at the tea house...we had "high tea", which was a lot of fun. I loved eating all the little sandwiches and drinking tea and eating fruit. I probably ate way too much...you wouldn't think you would at a tea house, but it is served buffet style and the cream cheese cucumber sandwiches, as well as the sundried tomato spread sandwiches, kept calling my name again and again...what can I say, I have no willpower.

The rest of the afternoon was spent hanging out with my niece and running around the Huntington, but mostly in the Rose Gardens. We had a lovely time, and I would love to come back again the first chance that I get!

sarahsan says:
I agree with you. Huntington is a very nice place.
Posted on: Aug 03, 2009