I love Life

Cancun Travel Blog

There is nothing to say about Cancun other than it is an amazing, beautiful place. I have been there many times and hope to return to Cancun many times again in the future.

Escribo en español porque soy sólo justo después de que una visita maravillosa a México. Este blog será bilingüe. Cancun es un lugar especial para mí, y fui feliz de compartirlo con mis amigos y mi esposo. Deseo que hablara español mejor que hago, pero soy feliz de practicar.

En Cancun, nosotros dormimos en el hotel Royal Solaris Caribe, un hotel maravilloso. La arena es blanca y el agua es un hermoso color azul claro. Hace calor, pero la brisa tropical tibia le recuerda que usted está en el paraíso.
Hay una barra en medio de la piscina donde usted puede conseguir muchas bebidas diferentes: margaritas, daiquiris, la cerveza, y muchos más. Todo su alimento y las bebidas son incluidos en el precio, así que usted no necesita para preocupar.

The Royal Solaris Caribe is such a wonderful, fun resort that you could literally spend your entire trip just sitting by the pool or down on the beach, sipping margaritas...maybe taking a swim in the bath-water temperature ocean. However, Cancun has so much more to offer than that. On our trip, we took two day trips: One to Chichen-Itza to see the Mayan ruins, and one to Xel-Ha, which I can't explain any better than a natural water park and aquarium where you can snorkel, cliff dive, float down the river on intertubes, swim with the dolphins, swing from ropes into the water, and many other awesome things.
If you do ever go to Xel-Ha, I would recommend wearing a long sleeved rash guard, long board shorts, and maybe even a headscarf, bandana, or at least a hat that you don't mind getting wet. The reason for this is that since it is a nature preserve, the only sunscreen you are allowed to wear is biodegratable sunscreen, and while I applaud them for their efforts to save the planet, don't even bother with the biodegratable sunscreen. It doesn't work AT ALL. Just cover yourself up with clothes before swimming here, your body will thank you later for your lack of a horrific sunburn when you look around at all of your other pasty white friends who are now not white at all, but instead the color of cooked lobsters. Heed my advice.

Anyway, Cancun is amazing and I love it love it love it! I've been there many times, and hopefully will return many more times in my life :)