Edinburgh Travel Blog

I found Scotland to be a magical place. I spent the several days I had in Edinburgh mostly just walking around with my mouth wide open in awe of the beauty surrounding me. Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever had the pleasure of feasting my eyes upon. The best thing to do when you are in Edinburgh is to just walk around and take in the glorious beauty that is Scotland.
My favorite thing about this magnificent Medieval city was the way the street performing bagpipers would play these lovely tunes that would resonate throughout the entire city with a haunting echo.

I had a Black Watch kilt skirt custom made for me and shipped back home to me in the U.S. while I was in Scotland, a beautiful, authentically made reminder of my time there. We also had a lovely time having high tea at Edinburgh castle, and visiting a bagpipe shop in which we met two ornery old Scottish men who ranted to us about the fact that we were going back to England after being in Edinburgh, and "why would you want to go to England?", which was, not surprisingly, similar to what some English folks had said to us about going to Scotland.

Please visit Edinburgh, at least once in your life. You won't be disappointed.
794 km (493 miles) traveled