My 2nd Home for year 2008-2009

Tioman Island Travel Blog

Anytime I need a quick getaway from the city (Kuala Lumpur), this is the place I go to.

Easy drive, love the peace, love the calm, love the dive, love the people, the vibe... the FOOD, love everything.

How to get there:

1) Flight : Subang Airport - Tioman (Tekek) via Berjaya Air - approx. RM450.00 (return);

or

2) Bus / Car (Self Drive) : KL - Mersing Jetty (4 hours) / bus fare less than RM20.00

and

3) Mersing Jetty - Tioman : via ferry RM70 return (2 hours)

I normally drive there, departing at 2am and arriving at 6am, just enough time for breakfast then catch the morning ferry. Once you get to the island, there would be about 5 stops at different beaches. Genting / Paya / Tekek / Salang / ABC.

Anyways, Salang is the more popular spot as it has a nice beach and it's a party place, if you want to see and be seen. I like Tekek because it's quieter, plus that's where the island's village is so i can get the best local food. Because it's less popular, you basically have the beach to yourself, it's not a touristy place at all. Plus, it has the cheapest rooms on the island.

I stayed at Coral Reef Resort / Tioman Cabana (bar next door). RM40 for a room for 2, twin bed/bathroom/fan (very basic). Cheaper option is the hostel. There's also rooms with air-cond and TV.

For more luxurious options, there the Berjaya Beach Resort or Japamala Boutique Resorts (can be found on web).

bernard69 says:
thanks for sharing these nice pics.I have hesitated between Redang and Tioman for a short stay next September,I choose Redang but I have to go to yr second home later:)
Posted on: Jun 16, 2009