Reaching Home

Marquette Travel Blog

Les got us back to O'hare in time to gulp hot dogs and Coca Colas before boarding Republic Airline's northbound DC-9. After short stops in Oshkosh, Green Bay, and Iron Mountain our flight descended through white clouds to reveal familiar territory. As we banked east over the Republic Mine to follow Highway 41, we sat in total silence. Scott's house in Greenwood Location drifted by out of our left window but we were too far south to see if my car was still parked at my uncle Chubber's place just a few miles to the north. We knew the adventure would soon be a distant memory of far away places. North Lake Location slid beneath us ... the mine shafts in Ishpeming ... the ski jump scaffold of Suicide Hill … then Teal Lake in Negaunee. Scott and I grasped that we had somehow changed and would forever see the world in a different light. As the tires chirped onto runway 09 at Marquette County Airport we were elated to be home and, at the same time, stunned that our journey was suddenly over.

rotorhead85 says:
Wow, thank you Troy, what a great compliment - that made the writing effort all worthwhile, thanks again!!
Posted on: Dec 09, 2011
troysgonewalkabout says:
Without a doubt one of the most compelling travbuddy blogs I've read - now to move on to your next one :)
Posted on: Dec 09, 2011