More family

Newmarket Travel Blog

Today we are in Newmarket, Ontario.  Eva has met the remainder of my relatives that we will hook up with on this trip.  All in all, it was quite overwhelming.  I am not sure who was overwhelmed more:  my relavtives or Eva.  Or me.  But it was fun.  We hung out with Vivian, Bill and MaryFaith and drank wine until early in the morning.

Mia also joined us today.  Her flight was exactly on time, but it felt like we were waiting forever.  Liam was bouncing on his toes as she came through the gate, and Mia got a little weepy.  It is great she is back with us for the rest of the trip.

We met Rick, Elliot and Cory for dinner and had too much good food and lots of good laughs.  Since there is more of this particular clan in Vancouver, we extended heartfelt invitations to all should they make it out west.

Mac, with kids, came by for breakfast and Eva and her hit it off right away.  Again, lots of fun.

The CN Tower was a bit of a dissapointment.  I shelled out $100 to get all five of us up to the observation level and the mutual feeling was sort "yeah - ok that's Toronto".  We did see some planes landing and taking off on the island airport, which was cool.  I got some pics.

The Hockey Hall of Fame was very cool - and much less than $100 to get in!!  I held - ok cuddled - the official Stanely Cup.  I discovered there are three offial cups - the one in the hall of fame, one that travels and the original.  The one that travels was at Sid Crosbys place for his birthday - pretty sweet deal. See for details. The original cup donated by Lord Stanely is falling apart and is now kept in the vault, which was open so I could see it.  I really enjoyed seeing all of the gear worn by all the greats.  The pucks that scored this goal in that important game.  The net from when Waynescored his 834th (or whatever it was).

We are skipping Niagra falls since we got out of the hall of fame at around 5pm.  We are headed to the US!!