Meeting the new baby

Diamond Bar Travel Blog

Eva, Gabriel and I.
My best friend Craig lives in Diamond Bar.  We have been friends for more than twenty years, going back to our University days.  I knew Craig before I knew my wife - either one of them.  We joke that Craig has been to all of my weddings. In fact, Craig was my best man when I married Eva. Three years ago (I think) ago, Craig met Gladys and it was only a matter of time.  Craig and Gladys were married a couple of years ago and eight weeks ago had a baby boy.  It finally looks like our drinking days are coming to their twilight - but that is ok.

Today, we visited Craig and Gladys and the newest family member Gabriel.  We took four young boys - aged 5 through 10 - and a fourteen year old girl to meet him.
Gladys, Ryan, Gabriel and Mia.
  All were excited to see the baby.  The parents looked a little overwhelmed and I am pretty sure decided then and there *not* to have four boys. Ever. The baby is adorable.  Mom looks great and it was wonderful to catch up with Craig again.

After a couple of hours, my aunt Reina and I took the boys and my daughter to a go-kart track and left Eva and Glaydes to discuss all thing baby.  And I am sure they covered the all of the bases.

When we got back, we barbecues some ribs, boiled some corn on the cob, put some spuds on the barbecue as well, and enjoyed the 90 degree temperature. The kids played with the new baby, Craig, Reina and I sipped good scotch and we all relaxed into the warm evening.

All and all it was a very enjoyable day.
Gabriel and Dad.