Last day in Bratislava

Bratislava Travel Blog

Today we woke up quiet early to enjoy our last hours in Bratislava! Believe it or not, we enjoyed Bratislava even more than Vienna. I guess that if you are a museum freak, Vienna is a better option, but I just don´t enjoy cultural tourism so much.

This time we went to have breakfast to a nice place in Laurinska street. I am attaching a new review. By the way, even if you read that the local currency is the  Slovak crown, you can pay with euros everywhere.  The fact is that the Slovak Republic joined the Euro-zone as of January 1, 2009, therefore the Euro is the official currency. Both coins still coexist, but you have no problems paying with euros.

This morning we spent all day walking around the city and taking photos everywhere.
Don´t miss the St. Martin´s Cathedral, I would say is the most remarkable point of interest of all in the city. And very close from it you will find tons of restaurants at Hviezdoslavovo nám. We went there for lunch and we found tons of business man all dressed up having lunch. Before we had lunch we stopped in a nice terrace to have a beer and something mind-blowing happened to us. When I was going to take a photo, my lense cover fell on the deck and I was so unlucky that fell between two pieces of wood. We had no means to get it and I talked to the waiter to ask for tweezers. He didn’t have any but he had a brilliant idea, although in the beginning I had my doubts! ☺ he grabbed some scotch tape and two spoons, then he threw 30cm of scotch tape in the hole and with the spoon he stuck the tape on the lense cover and pushed it up, and with the spoons he grabbed it!!!! Amazing!!! It is funny how in different cultures we do things…

Well, didn´t mean to bore you with the story ☺ Well after lunch we went to the Tourism Office at Primacialne nám and they gave us instructions on how to get to the airpot using public transportation.
First you have to grab tram 13 at the end of  Klobucnicka street until you get to the Bratislava Hlavná Stanica (station) and from there, exit the station and you will see a bus station. There grab number 61. Overall it takes you around 1 hour to get to the airport. If you go in the summer, forget it and grab a taxi for 14.90 euros. It was hot as hell! ☺

By the way, we got to the airport and the plane was delayed again! Damn! I will never take Sky Europe again!
Bratislava Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Local food quite cheap
To tell you the truth among all restaurants in the area this one did not look too good, but my girlfriend wanted to go, so I was forced to... :) but b… read entire review
Bratislava