AsiaTaiwanPeitou

Wandering around our neighborhood

Peitou Travel Blog

Brett had a conference call late in the day and surprised me by coming home early so we could spend a little time together and then do the conference call from home.  We decided to go wander around our neighborhood so I could check out the dumpling place he gets food from, the other tea place, and see what else we could find.

We stopped by the dumpling place but decided to get the teas and check out the fruit stand first.  We bought some strange fruits (not sure what they were), some corn on the cob, and then checked out the bakery where Brett would get sourdough loaves for us sometimes.  I went a bit crazy in this place as they had some amazing looking breads...I pretty much wanted one of everything there! LOL.

One more important stop was by the drugstore.

We had to get bug spray since we both got eaten alive by mosquitos the night in Danshuei with RJ, Jegs, and Jason.  I saw some hilarious condoms in the store so I managed to sneak a pic while the lady was behind the counter.  :D

After buying a few pastries/breads, got our bubble tea from the usual place since the other guy did not have the boba ready - said it would be another 1/2 hour or so.  Eeek.  So Coco bubble tea and back to the dumpling place.  We got two different kinds and then went across the street to the lady with the fried buns to try those as well.

We got home and realized that everything we bought between all the places came to $10 USD! Crazy!

Peitou