Some Nature in Taoyuan County

Taoyuan Travel Blog

As we were driving home from the 921 Earhquake museum, the clouds had started to clear and we were looking for a place to pull off and take some photos.  We ended up just picking an offramp and ended up somewhere in Taoyuan County, near Longshan Township.  We followed signs to the Shihmen Reservoir since we figured we might end up in the mountains some!

This area had some interesting scenery.  Quite a bit of nuclear power stuff and a lot of tourist attractions nearby.  And since it's only about an hour from Taipei, we will probably be going back there on another weekend.  While driving around, I was finally able to get a pic of their road work guys!  They are mannequins in uniforms holding flags.

..they look like real people from a distance.  It cracks me up every time I see one!

We found a street that had a sign, "Sankeng Old Streets" so we turned down there.  We ended up in this ecological park area and found a hidden paradise.  There were bike paths, a small lake, and lots of people out enjoying the beautiful weather.  We walked around a little bit to take some photos and we managed to get a glimpse of the dam from this area (which I am not sure I could find again if we tried!).

On the way back towards the freeway, we tried to stop and get some slightly dark photos of this dog building-not sure if it was/is a restaurant or what - the lights were all out and no one was around.  But it was hilarious....had to get some photos!

What a great way to end our road trip down to Central Taiwan!

photo by: sabrinac