AsiaTaiwanTaipei

Sightseeing in Taipei

Taipei Travel Blog

WOW...a full day of sightseeing in Taipei!  We left the apartment around 4pm and took the MRT into town and just walked, walked, and walked some more!  We wandered around a few streets Brett has been before so we could check our the art supply store for me.  We then wandered around near Taipei 101 and saw some amazing dancers in the park so we stopped and took a few photos.

We headed to an area on Yong Kang that was recommended for dumplings, supposedly better than Din Tai Fung!  We found it and decided to stop for a late lunch, early dinner.  Their Shanghai fried buns were recommended and were delicious.  Their shumei were nowhere as good as Din Tai Fung's and certainly not as pretty! LOL. The drunken chicken was good but the giant prawns were a little freaky since they had this thick breading but not peeled, and of course, the heads still on.

Not a fan of the heads and eating unpeeled shrimp is a little odd for me. Our waitress was not the best as she brought out stuff too fast and had our almond tofu dessert on the table and we were only half way through dinner.

After that, we wandered around some more and headed to where we thought the 24 hour bookstore was.  We passed Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall and took some night photos as I tried to play with my new flash.  It was such a gorgeous night out - almost cool...so perfect! We ended up in this area that was awesome - lots of stores, restaurants, and street performers.  Close by was a cinema park that we only stopped by a little bit of - Transformers 2 IMAX and Ice Age 3 in 3D! Whoo Hoo!  We definitely want to come back to this area on a Friday or Saturday night as it looks like a great place to hang out for the evening.

We then wandered over to the camera district so I could check out the new Canons but the stores were closing at 10pm so we walked back to the main area (mind you still had not found the bookstore) and decided to hop in a cab and head home since we had been walking for almost 7 hours straight! :D

Taipei