AsiaTaiwanTaipei

A Quiet Friday Night In

Taipei Travel Blog

Since it was pouring rain yet again....we decided to have a quiet night in.  We had bought this wine game in Sacramento at one of the local wineries and we were yet to test each other on the cards.  I was trying to figure out whether to cook again or whether we would run somewhere close.  It's not like the US - I wish they had drive thru places here! LOL  Fast food is basically the food stands or the small stalls along the streets.  It is going to be quite an adjustment for me to get used to that and the fact nothing is in English by us!  More in the center of Taipei are the restaurants with English signs but non-existent here in the Beitou district.

I managed to scrape together leftovers (which is a great thing since food here is so dang expensive!).  Food out in restaurants are not too bad but grocery shopping is definitely not cheap.  Little things like onions for example are about $2-3 USD in the larger grocery stores for two onions versus the $2-3 I was used to paying for a large bag of them!  Brett pointed out we need to check out the produce stands which we will probably do this next weekend.

So, in the meantime, I used the leftover patties and sourdough bread and we had our own version of Greek burgers! LOL.  It was a nice quiet night and we planned to get up early so we could do some serious shopping on Saturday before it gets too hot!

Taipei