More Errands & Grocery Shopping in Taipei 101

Taipei Travel Blog

As usual, another weekend of errands! LOL.  Our first stop was the Yellow Store of course....we still needed a vaccuum and a couple other little things.  We ended up walking out with a rice cooker, the vacuum, a monitor for me, and we ordered an elliptical trainer/exercise machine.  Guess we "needed" more than I realized.  We had the rice cooker and monitor on the list but spotted the exercise machine and had been looking for one...the price was right and they would deliver.  We have a gym onsite but no elliptical trainer and that is the one machine I really like so this works perfectly!

We decided to forego the usual Costco nightmare and head to Taipei 101 to shop at Jason's Market there.

Parking was a cinch and like some of the other plazas, you get a couple hours free depending on what you spend.

First stop was lunch - we wandered through the food court and decided to try the sushi place since it was empty today.  We were in between the lunch and dinner rush so there were only a few people at the bar compared to our last trip there - long line waiting just to be seated.  We chowed down and spent about $20 which was awesome.

Next we headed into Jason's market and before we even made it inside, we were stopped by the nicest Japanese woman who wanted us to try these red bean pancakes she makes.  They were delicious and we ended up buying a nine pack to bring home.  The lady wanted to take Brett's picture holding one so we decided to take pictures of her and the girl from Jason's selling them.  We managed to do quite a bit of shopping and we headed back unpack all this stuff.  Uuuugh!

When we got home I had to take a picture of one of the breads we bought....squid garlic bread! I guess it was squid ink so it was was too interesting to pass up! LOL

photo by: Deats