AsiaTaiwanTaipei

A Little Greece in Taiwan...My Culinary Exploits!

Taipei Travel Blog

So, my first real attempts at cooking in Taiwan! It is rather nice I had to admit not having to work everyday and then cook a big meal at night.  Our first meal was going to be relatively easy - Greek Salad, Bifteki (burger patties w/yogurt stuffed with Feta) and wine! Have to have wine! LOL.

Suprisingly, everything came out ok and the food was edible!  I also made Greek style potatoes which were rather tasty.  One of the things I wanted to ensure we had in the apartment was an oven and see, my first meal I used it already for the potatoes! LOL.

I am figuring out that the kitchen here is definitely a little small to pull off big meals but I will make it work for the next year...or two! All the apartments we looked at had small and more closed off kitchens so not likely to find something else that is better.  Kitchens are something that are somewhat of an afterthought I am figuring out but again, we will make it work...even with just two burners! LOL

azsalsa says:
Do you have a patio or balcony?? Maybe you could get a grill or hibachi and do some of your cooking outdoors!
Posted on: Jul 10, 2009
alicegourmet says:
You did a great job, Erin! So proud of you!
Posted on: Jul 09, 2009