AsiaTaiwanPeitou

Beard Papas

Peitou Travel Blog

When we go grocery shopping and make a stop at my favorite restaurant, Din Tai Fung, we always see the Beard Papa's counter and it seems to call to me!  LOL.  So a couple times, we grabbed a couple before heading home so we could enjoy them the next day...for breakfast!  Beard Papas for breakfast????  Yes, our guilty pleasure!  We discovered Beard Papa's at the SOGO shopping center when I was in town last time and fortunately, there is another one at the new SOGO closer to us, which just recently opened.  :D

They are basically cream puffs but not the icky whipped type cream I am used to back in the States.  This is like a custard, bavarian cream type filling that is heavenly.  I am not a huge fan of whipped cream type fillings as they are usually too sweet and set like a ton of bricks in the tummy later on.  These are so rich, but light tasting (although I am sure the caloric and fat content would cause me to pass out).

Some of the guilty pleasure like this I am really going to miss when we leave here! :-(  Beard Papa franchise opportunities??? Hmmmm........LOL

MandieB09 says:
They have Beard Papas here too. I have been wanting to try them in NYC, but never got the chance to do so. I love your blog!
Posted on: Sep 24, 2009
azsalsa says:
beard papas.....love these names!
Posted on: Jul 10, 2009