Another round of Greek cooking

Taipei Travel Blog

Apparently I am going to really become domesticated as I started off the day cooking yet again.  We bought sourdough bread at the store which was already getting hard (even though it was wrapped) so we needed to do something with it.  French Toast!  We had this awesome sourdough french toast when we were in San Francisco at the recent meet up (restaurant was Sears Fine Food in Union Square...still need to write a review though!) Although good, my french toast was not quite on par with Sear's but it was certainly edible!

Lunch was already predetermined as Brett was kind enough to bring home dumplings the night before when he was on a quick shopping run.  I am learning that dumplings here will be my weakness and carbohydrate downfall.

Loooooove them! And they are so inexpensive! There is a dumpling stand near our apartment and the food apparently changes daily - Brett just goes and asks for "one" and gets whatever they serve! LOL.  Not complaining as they are awesome - these were some type of pork and cabbage.

It was such a crappy day here - rain and thunderstorms this week.  Figures I arrive and that is the weather that greets me! I took a picture from our balcony and there is the mountain missing from our usual was completely covered in clouds.  Later in the afternoon, near dusk, the mountain finally emerged from the clouds again but it was short lived as it started pouring rain a few hours later!

Now dinner was headed back to Greece again! Tonight was Kalamata Pork Tenderloin and a Greek Potato Stew.  Sadly, we were still missing Kalamata olives so I had to improvise! LOL But it came out ok, except for the delay in Brett's arrival that caused my potatos to be a bit more mushy then intended! :-(

photo by: Deats