My car !!!

Sydney Travel Blog

Hi there,

after days looking for the perfect car, being disappointed that it would not be possible buying that perfect car, and this ended in actually buying a perfect car :-)
For a long time I dreamed about a 4WD to road trip Australia. I had a budget in mind and it didn't seem possible to buy a reliable car for that budget. In two days I decided to set aside my dream and buy a Ford or Holden Station Wagon. Being really disappointed I phoned my parents. They gave me the advice that actually didn't help or maybe it did after all...
I raised my budget and was able to buy a 4WD: 4x4 Jeep Cherokee from '94, automatic!!! I'm so excited! Next few days I need to get enough cash and then the plan is to leave Sydney on Thursday.

I actually did a test drive in a station wagon, but after 500m the car broke down: the garage hadn't put any gasoline in the car... how bad is that... Then I went to another car dealer and ended up with a perfect car!!!
Driving on the 'wrong side' of road is different and dangerous... I was happy the car dealer owner came with me and gave me a 'drivers lesson'... It's not so difficult, just have to get used to it :p

Finally I've been a tourist: after days of fun, partying, feeling trashed and looking for cars I went to see the Opera House, The Harbour Bridge and Bondi Beach. Pics will follow later, because I don't have much time at the moment.

leendertc says:
Hi Maike. Nice car. Have you turned it to your next stop yet, or are you kept from doing that by the dust and sand storms I now read about ? Nice keeping up with you this way. Love, Leendert
Posted on: Sep 23, 2009