From Kalgoorlie to Perth

Rockingham Travel Blog

After a few weeks, finally here is my blog from Kalgoorlie to Perth.

Last time I promised a blog of a bit higher quality, but I'm afraid, there isn't much to tell about these few weeks traveling... I do my best.

After a crazy week in Kalgoorlie we moved on with only six of the ten teammembers. The boss went some where else, and three team members quit the job. Early morning we left this goldmine city to drive to Esperance for lunchbreak and enjoy the beautiful beach. After a few hours we drove to Albany. Our destination for the week.

Albany isn't much fun. The streets are dead, lots of new houses. This means people have high mortgages and aren't interested in supporting a charity. We were supposed to stay here for a week, but after some problems we left already after three days.
Busselton was the new place. We arrived here on Thursday and this time we were staying in a huge house close to the beach!! That was great. I had my own bedroom, lots of space our own kitchen and all the facilities a luxurous house close to the beach can have. And it was cheaper than a bed in dorm room of a hostel with all shared facilities... How good is that!
So nothing to complain. Life is good! Swimming was a bit dangerous here, because there were many stinger rays and jelly fish around. But that didn't scare us much. Just look around before you go in the water.
We spend quite a lot of time on the beach, free bbq's all around, having a beer or two and some music makes it feel like holiday. Most of my time in Australia I've been working, so better make the job a bit fun.
People where nice in this city. So that makes the job more fun as well. Busselton is a small seaside town. Beautiful beach, a few bars, lots of shops and that's about it. But if you're on your way, stopping here for a few days in not a waist of time.

Allthough we have lots of fun, there is also lots of drama. One of the new collegues decided to steal some things from the charity but my supervisor caught him. Next day, he and his friend left the team. Only four of us left.  So at this stage it's me, Heather (Australian, and staff recruiter) and Jess&Adam, a couple from Canada. Really cool people!

After Busselton we went to Collie (miners town in the middle of nowhere), Bunburry (most unfriendly people I've ever met), and Rockingham (an hours drive from Perth). There isn't much to tell about the weeks in Collie (except for the fact that the house we were staying in, was also the home of a ghost...), and Bunburry.
Rockingham was quite nice. Jess and I went to visit Penguin Island on our day off and we switched charities. From the Australian Red Cross we switched to the Australian Doctors Without Borders, which is an awesome charity in my opinion.
We were supposed to get new team members after Rockingham, but it didn't work out. Heather was leaving us to work together with our boss/boyfriend and so there were only three of us left...

Not a really exciting blog, but not much happend in these weeks. It looks like I'm ment to work while being in Oz. Unfortunately not much time for adventure and exploring, because life is quite expensive here.

Rockingham