City Stroll

Dublin Travel Blog

Ha'penny Bridge

Sunday, and another beautiful day. After a lazy start it was time to hit the city for a stoll. My friend really wanted to check out Dublin Castle and Christchurch. I have to admit I'd never really done a whole lot of touristy stuff around the city before. I knwo where the sites are but never spent a great amount of time in them. So we hit the trails for the Castle are a wlak through temple bar in the day time. A totally diferent place than it is at night time :). From the Castle it was up to Christchurch but there was a service on so no entry. We heading down to St Patricks instread. I'd never been inside it before, but it an interesting place. I never saw a church with some many plaques on the walls inside.

And the way the sunlight was coming through the stained glass windows was a sight to behold. The pictures don't do it justice.

After an hour or so we left and headed back up to Christchurch and went in there. I have to say my initial reaction was one of disappointment, but probably because I just came for St Pats. So if you plan on doing these places to Christchurch first. Although I did think the crypt in Christchurch was cool, and when I was walking aound it's an interesting place too. After the tour of the church it was across the road to Leo Burdocks for a fish and chip lunch. You can't do a tour of Dublin and not stop there,either day or night. Check out the wall of fame of superstar customers. We then walked to the old city wall, and down to the Four Courts. The old city wall is on Cook St and is the only remain part of the original city wall dating back to the 13th century. That was enough walking for one day after all the trails the day before.

I dropped my friend at their accomadation, I ran a few errand and freshed up and hit the city later that evening for food a a few drinks. next morning we hit the Brewery and trinity, but i left home in a hurry and forgot my camera. I need to go back to the brewery with camera in hand and get some pictures for the Gravity bar. The city looks so different from up there.

Enjoy the photos.

nicolecarp says:
Seeing your pictures of St. Patricks brought back some smiles for me, glad you got to enjoy it.
Posted on: May 12, 2010