Day 4: Visit of El Tajin ruins

Poza Rica Travel Blog

We woke up really early despite of our problem with the alarm clock. We took the metro to terminal norte to take the bus to Poza Rica. After five hours of driving with beuatiful views we put our bags in the storage room and took a bus to El Tajin. It is the first day of really hot weather. We enter for free thanks to our ISIC card and visit the ruins. We found out that some indians still live behind the ruins. We negociate with a bus driver to get us down to the main road and from there we hitchhiked and got pick up by a woman teacher. She drove us to a bus terminal but not ours so we get to find ours but got the wrong direction but finally made it. We took ours bags back, take some food and get on the bus for 5 hours to Veracruz. too much airconditioning. We arrived at 22h in Veracruz. We wanted to get a room as fast as we could in the Hotel Central but it was too expensive thus we took a bus to the zocalo where we found a cheap, simple hotel. It was very hot so it took hours to fall asleep.
Teresa_M says:

I'll be in Mexico City in January, and am trying to figure out how to get to El Tajin on my own just for the day. With the five hour drive, did you still have enough time to visit the site on the same day?? and is the site that far from the bus station in Poza Rica??

Any tips / links or direction you can tell me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Posted on: Nov 18, 2009
heyjood says:
I believe i agree w/ tigan even though i don`t
speak much French. I do get mort and hitchhike.
I`ve done Eurailpass, 3 months total in my past
by myself, but never stuck the ole thumb out.
Thats pushing the adventure...just me.
But if you would be so kind, i`m planning on road-
trippin thru Mexico, that 5 hr. bus trip area,
from the mountains thru to Veracruz is it beautiful
gorgeous or so-so. Thanks. Sorry bout the lecture.
I`m a newbie to this site. Bear with me...jude...
Posted on: Jul 26, 2009
tigan says:
Pauuuu vous êtes dingues, pas d'hitchhike!!!! ;)
j'espère que tout se passe bien, profitez à mort wouwouuuu gros kisssss
Posted on: Jun 29, 2009