Starting point: Stade de France

Paris Travel Blog

After a hard night packing everything so it fits into the car and it is easy to access (thanks Max, it would have be such a pain without you ^^), after going through such a fog to reach Paris, I am here, in front of the biggest stadium of France, surrounded by hundreds of 4L... So many colours, noises, each car is special, it is incredible.

I feel a bit weird: I am not sure what to expect, I am kind of lonely missing my co-pilot (she could only join me in Bordeaux for personal reasons) and I am realizing by seeing everybody around me that it's gonna be a crazy adventure!

The team of the bank Credit Mutuel de Bretagne is here. They came from Brittany to support us and other teams they financially helped.

Interviews, photos... It's good fun shared with them!

My father has come too, with few friends. Everybody is excited. We can see a screen on a truck that will follow us in Morroco, with films of last year. Yeah, definitely, it is gonna be unique.

The car is checked and said ready for the raid (it must have some equipments), just a last minute paper from the insurance is needed (I'm lucky to have Dad here :). The organizers tell us again and again to be careful on the road as most accidents happen in France & Spain, not in Morocco. Being stopped before Morocco would be such a failure after preparing everything for so long. I say goodbye, a bit special. Yes yes yes, I will be careful, and I will enjoy every second of it. I jump into the car, set the playlist, check I can reach food & drinks easily...

And the raid starts.