Presentation

Rouen Travel Blog

The 4L Trophy is both a humanitarian and a sportive event for students. The raid, open to Renault 4L (around 1000 !), starts in Paris, goes accross Spain, around the Morrocan desert to end in Marrakech. It lasts 10 days and the competition excludes speed: the winner is the team who did the race with the least kilometers.
Each team has a humanitarian action, bringing 50kg of school material or humanitarian gifts.

I am a member of the association Cowtr'L Trophy (reference to cows in Normandy ^^). At the moment, we are 3 teams of 2 pilotes motivated in my school for the experience and the challenge. To be on the starting line in February 2010, we need to find 6 500€ of sponsors for each team. It includes looking for media coverage to rouse the interest of companies. We offer 3 types of partnership: financial support (we can place a logo on our cars), natural supports (some companies can give us objects we need during the race, or presents to organise an event) and donation (in France if you donate to a humanitarian association, you can deduct 60% of the amount on your taxes).

This blog will deal with our search of fundings, the organisation of our departure... until, we hope, the raid itself! I am sharing this adventure with another girl, Sophie, from my school and originary from Britanny like me. It is a real challenge: both of us like travelling and we are going to spend a lot of time abroad (6 months in India for Sophie, 4 months in Australia for me) so it is going to be harder to find partnerships. Moreover, if we like sport and driving around, we do not know mecanics and being 2 girls with a car might be funny in the desert! Well, we are going to take lessons before we leave Paris, and the raid is reputed to be very fair-play: other competitors stop-by if you need :)

We are so excited about it already ! :)

We just need 6 500€ ^^ (ideas and proposals welcolmed :P)
Sunflower300 says:
Good luck raising the money. I can't think of anything right now but if I do I'll let you know. :)
Have a fantastic time. :)
Posted on: Jun 11, 2009